Today I want to bring light to some of my most loved and used drugstore concealers that I have been using for a while. I recently raved about a more high-end concealer that is all the hype in the beauty world right now that I also love if you want to splurge. These drugstore concealers are not only amazing because the majority of them cost under $10, but, because the results are on-par with or better than some of the really expensive, high-end brands out there.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links I make a small commission which goes towards keeping this blog running. Thank you for supporting Primp And Prime Beauty! All opinions are 100% my own. Full disclosure here.
What I Look For In A Concealer
When trying to choose a perfect concealer, I want them to be hydrating, buildable to full coverage, creamy, easy to blend, and not too thick in consistency.
I have come across quite a few concealers that have felt like they take a year and a day to blend out, or look like I just slapped cement under my eyes. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
Concealer Is A Multi-Tasker
I use concealer for many different things other than just concealing imperfections. I also love using them to brighten up my under eye area to look more awake, and it also helps to give a lifted effect to the entire area when applied in a triangular shape.
Concealers also work as great eyelid primers to help eyeshadow stay in place, and give off better pigmentation, so no need to spend money on a separate product for that, and you can use them to contour/bronze as well just by picking up a color 2-3 shades darker than your skin tone.
My Most Used Drugstore Concealers
- Maybelline FitMe Concealer (HOLY GRAIL, HOLY GRAIL, HOLY GRAIL and amazing DUPE)
- Maybelline Master Concealer: On the thicker side, but great coverage when used sparingly.
- NYX Cosmetics HD Photogenic Concealer: Perfect for events where you will be having photos taken. Very easy to blend, and long lasting. This formula does feel a little drying under my eyes so I make sure to use a heavier moisturizer under it.
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 hr Breathable Concealer: Creamy, easy to blend, and long-wearing.
- Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define: Definitely a thick consistency, but a tube will last forever. I love using a darker shade to contour with.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Photofocus Concealer: Great for photos, blends well, doesn’t crease on me.
- Neutrogena SkinClearing Blemish Concealer (Helps heal breakouts as it conceals): Perfect for spot concealing since it is medicated.
- Pixi Pat Away Concealing Base— Most expensive out of these, but has a beautiful finish.
These drugstore concealers are great for everyday use without worrying about running out and having to spend $20 or more on a new one that is going to get used up quickly.
What is your must have concealer from the drugstore? Let me know in a comment!
Thanks for reading!
SHOP THIS POST