Today I’m talking lip plumpers. It seems that these days a full, juicy, over-sized, fake pout is all the rave. I’ll admit that I’ve had thoughts about getting lip injections myself. Nothing too drastic, but just to add the fullness that I very much lack.
In the meantime, as I fight myself back and forth on the matter, I have tried some awesome lip plumping glosses that I actually really love.
What are lip plumpers?
Lip plumpers are products thats cause extra blood circulation to that specific area by natural ingredients like cinnamon and menthol. The irritation of the skin causes them to tingle, making your lips feel and appear fatter. As a matter of fact, you can totally DIY this! If you’re interested, I can share one with you. Just let me know in a comment!
Top Lip Plumping Glosses
- Winky Lux Pucker Up Lip Plumper- Starting out with my favorite gloss is this bad boy right here. I love Winky Lux not only for their display worthy, adorable packaging, but also for their high quality products. This gloss tingles, and has a tolerable amount of the “burning” sensation. I actually had to jump onto my Instagram stories within 5 minutes of wearing this to brag because as soon as the tingling stopped and I pressed my lips together, they felt like pillows. I have NEVER worn a plumping gloss that gave me such a pillowy (if that’s a real word lol), pouty feeling. The mirror did’t lie either. I actually looked like I had some fullness. The Lip God’s have answered!
- Too Faced Lip Injection- One of the first lip plumpers I have ever purchased. This one does burn quite intensely for a few minutes, and you definitely do not want this to touch the skin outside your lips because it will cause visible irritation. Other than that, I do notice a difference in my lips. I could pull off a fuller pout for a few hours.
- Soap & Glory Pillow Plump- I love how glossy this one looks! It isn’t super sticky at all, and quite comfortable to wear. I fell like it helps smooth fine lip lines as well. This is a great drugstore lip plumper if you are on a budget. This smells awesome too!
- PMD Lip Plumping Serum- I’m obsessed with how this smells like a candy cane! You can also taste peppermint when you lick your lips. As far as burning goes, it is totally tolerable and doesn’t last long. Even though it is colorless, I feel like it adds a slight tint to my lips which I love. It uses ingredients that help boost the collagen in your lips which also helps to smooth lines creating a fuller effect.
- Grande Cosmetics Hydrating Lip Plumper & Plumping Liquid Lipsticks- I own them all! I absolutely love that these plumping products come in an awesome variety of colors including clear. They are infused with volulip™ and hyaluronic acid which give long term hydrating results if used on a regular basis. They are really comfortable and don’t make you feel like your lips are going to fall off.
- Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker- I just love that name lol! This is another great drugstore lip plumper. It gives a tingle sensation, and also has a high shine finish which helps your lips look amazing and fuller. I love the way this smells too! The only con is that the results do not last long for me.
- E.L.F. Cosmetics Lip Plumping Gloss- For just $5 you really can’t go wrong. These have a slight tingle feeling, but lack where you want fullness. These are great to wear on top of another lip color for a fuller lip effect, or directly in the center of lips over another color. This also gives the illusion of plump lips. I wear these alone all the time just because I love the formula, and the flattering shades that these come in.
So that concludes my list of current lip plumping glosses that I think you should try if you haven’t already.
I’m always hunting for new ones to try, so leave me some suggestions in the comments below.
SHOP THIS POST