This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Full disclosure here. #SeventhGenerationFemCare #CollectiveBias
I love getting my period! Said no woman, EVER. This is literally the one time I complain about being a female. I hate the cramping, and the bloating, mood swings and let’s not forget needing to wear granny panties for a week. Thankfully, Seventh Generation is here to save that time of the month, along with some of my very own tips that help me feel better on my period.
As a beauty guru, I have tried countless amounts of different beauty products and have learned what works well and what doesn’t.
Seventh Generation feminine care products. Seventh Generation feminine care products are free of fragrances and chlorine processing, plus they use certified organic cotton. They also use essential oils instead of dangerous chemicals for any of their products that may contain fragrances. You can find Seventh Generation products at Target locations, and on Target.com. Don’t forget to check Cartwheel for additional discounts and coupons.
Essentials To Feel Your Best On Your Period:
- Use a pain reliever. My cramps during my period have been extremely severe ever since high school. If you are a momma and know how braxton hicks contractions feel, then you know how not fun it is. I depend on good pain relievers to ease the cramping and headaches that I get from my period.
- Apply A Heating Pad. The heat is another huge help when suffering from cramps or lower back pain caused by your period.
- Use quality feminine products. My period has different stages that require me to use a different feminine care product throughout the time that it lasts. During the start of my period I like to use the new Seventh Generation Comfort Applicator Tampons. I like tampons because they allow me to avoid that gross gushing feeling that occurs when your flow is heavy. I HATE that feeling! I feel good inserting these into my body because they are made with certified organic cotton, 0% added fragrances, and the plastic applicator is BPA-free and made with 95% plant based materials. The applicator is also very easy to grip and remove. When I go to sleep during my period I use pads. The Free & Clear Fragrance-Free Ultra-Thin Pads with Wings are life savers. Free & clear means that these products do not have any fragrance (natural or artificial). I despise feeling like I am wearing a diaper (believe me, I change enough of those during the day between my little ones), but I also need extra protection to avoid waking up to a blood bath in the morning. Even those these are super thin, they provide great absorbency and leak protection. I also love the fact that they are not whitened with any chemicals containing chlorine. The last feminine product that I have on hand during my period are pantiliners. The Free & Clear Pantiliners are great to use towards the very end of my period. I don’t want to feel like I am living in tampons and pads, so when I am very light I keep one of these on to prevent any staining.
- Indulge. Eat those brownies and french fries girl! During this time I definitely cave into my cravings of chocolate, pizza, and fries. Junk food definitely makes time of the month more enjoyable.
- Hydrate. Keep the water flowing ladies (no pun intended). Drinking a lot of water on your period actually reduces bloating, and cramping. In general, drinking plenty of water has many benefits.
- Self-Care. Do something that makes you feel relaxed and good about yourself. Maybe its painting your nails or using a face mask while reading a good book.
What are your essentials during your period? Let me know in a comment!
Thanks for reading!