I’m really excited to share Urban Decay’s newest launch with you! Their Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Glosses will be available online TODAY, March 15th, and in stores March 29th. Continue reading for details on the different finishes, and how the shades look on a medium skin tone.
Disclaimer: This post contains press samples from Urban Decay sent in consideration for review. Some links are affiliate links, and will give me a small commission if you use them to make a purchase. All opinions are my own. I appreciate your support! Read full disclosure here.
The Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion lip glosses are super shiny, glide easily when applying, and have a long-lasting finish. When I first opened the packaging, I caught the scent of sweet mint. The description states that it is indeed a vanilla-mint flavor, which I appreciate, although it didn’t give me any tingly sensation on my lips. These glosses also contain Vitamin E, and Peppermint Oil, leaving your lips hydrated and nourished. I really love that they aren’t sticky like most lip glosses, but instead very creamy and comfortable.
These Hi-Fi Shine lip glosses are available in 20 shades ranging from sheer to super pigmented. They retail for $20 USD, and are available from Sephora, Ulta, and select Macy’s stores, as well as online at sephora.com, ultra.com, macs.com, and urban decay.com.
Not only is each shade absolutely stunning, but they come in 4 different effects:
- Sheer Cream
Urban Decay product packaging is always very sleek and pretty, and these are no exception. The metallized packaging is super eye-catching, and has Hi-Fi Shine written on the side, and the famous UD logo on the cap. I love that they are clear so that you can see exactly what color you are looking for right away. They were really smart to make the tubes flat! I don’t own any lip product with this concept. They are usually cylinder in shape and easy to see if you stick it in your pocket.
Color glides on very pigmented upon the first application because they are using their newest technology which is a flexible, flocked-silicone paddle applicator. Less double dipping, and needing to apply a million applications to build color!
Whether you are more of a sheer lip kinda girl, a bold lip kinda girl, or anything in-between, you will easily be able to find a shade that you love.
List of shades & their effect: (**= Exclusive shade to Ulta Beauty)
- Jawbreaker- Cream (Classic Purple)
- Dirty Talk- Metallic (Burgundy w/ Pink shimmer)
- Big Bang- Metallic (Hot Pink sparkle)
- **Savage- Cream (Electric Pink)
- **Bang- Cream (Orange-Red)
- Snitch- Cream (Coral)
- Candy Flip- Holographic (Lavender w/ Blue-Pink sparkle)
- SPL- Holographic (Candy Pink w/ Iridescent sparkle)
- Obsessed- Sheer Cream (Baby Pink)
- **Midnight Cowgirl- Sheer Cream (Nude w/ Gold shimmer)
- Fuel- Cream (Light Neutral Nude)
- 1993- Cream (Medium Brown)
- Shadowheart- Metallic (Chocolate Brown w/ Gold sparkle)
- Backtalk- Cream (Mauve Nude Pink)
- Rapture- Cream (Rose-Mauve)
- **Beso- Cream (Deep-Pink Mauve)
- Fireball- Holographic (Peach w/ Pink sparkle)
- Naked- Sheer Cream (Nude-Pink w/ Pearly Pink shift)
- Snapped- Holographic (Deep Plum w/ Blue Shimmer)
- Goldmine- Metallic (Bright Gold)
I’m in love with the nude shades, and the holographic effect lip glosses make awesome lip toppers.
I will also be doing lip swatches on my YouTube channel, so make sure you are subscribed so that you don’t miss it. 🙂
What shade are you getting? Let’s chat in the comments!
Thanks for reading!