So if you are anything like me, then you love to lay out and get a nice tan in the summer whenever you can. I have never been a big user of sun block. I actually would use baby oil and fry myself outside until I was happy with my tan lines for the day! So as I am older now I realize how important it is to protect your skin from the sun. Below are the top reasons you should lather up before stepping out for some fun in the sun.
1. Skin cancer rates are on the rise: (This alone should make you want to run out and buy a few bottles.)
2. The o-zone layer is thinning rapidly, causing us to need extra protection from the harmful rays it is releasing.
3. Prevent skin spots & skin discoloration: Nobody likes those brown spots that you get all over your face and body from too much sun exposure, or different tones of skin.
4. Prevent pre-mature aging!: Wearing sun block will help keep your skin wrinkle free. Who has seen those ladies that have spent way too much time in the sun and look like wrinkled leather? Yea me too. Not a cute look 🙂
5. Prevent sunburn: It has happened to me plenty of times, but I still remained stubborn and never put any on before going outside.
Some more on sun block:
- I know Doctors say that we need Vitamin D to stay healthy, but that can also come in pill form. My doctor gives me Vitamin D pills to take a few times a month which lessens how long I have to stay in the sun to get the best amount.
- It’s best to apply sun block half an hour before venturing outside that way your skin has time to absorb it.
- Use an SPF of 30 minimum
- There are products out there that you can use instead of sun block all over the body. Many face foundations come with SPF of at least 15 in them, as well as lip balms, and YES even your lips are at risk of the UV rays. Sunglasses also come with UV protection to keep your eyes out of harm.
Whether you choose a spray on sun block or your good old fashion sun block lotion, just make sure you apply it everyday to keep your skin as healthy as possible. None of the problems that too much sun can cause you is worth it in the end.
Enjoy your fun in the sun the smart way 🙂
LET’S BE FRIENDS: