A lot of you have been asking me how I maintain my naturally curly hair. I have been posting a lot more photos with my natural curls due to the Fall and Winter being very dry and not wanting to make it worse by using heated styling products on my hair too often. I have appreciated all of the positive feedback, and comments I have been receiving on those photos. Since I have been taking extra good care of my hair lately, I thought I would share my current routine with you.
- CHI Handleless Blow Dryer (diffuser attachment): I love the freedom of movement this dryer allows me to have. It also is touch screen! Just with a swipe of your finger you can change the temperature and speed controls and also lock those settings into place until you are finished. This dryer also come with a diffuser which I love to use on my curls, and another piece perfect blow outs and straightening. It’s stand also allows for hand-free use!
- Madam C.J. Walker Softening & Silkening Brassica Oil: I could use the entire bottle just for the amazing smell alone. I also have the other two oils from the collection that I highly recommend. One is the Coconut Oil, and the other is the Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Each one has different and amazing benefits for your hair.
- Madam C.J. Walker Silkening Blow Out Creme: This creme makes my hair silky smooth and I love that it also acts as a heat protector.
- Tresseme Thermal Heat Protector Spray (Drugstore): This thermal spray has an amazing smell and is affordable. You can find this in most drugstores. I tend to pick mine up from Target.
- DermOrganic Leave In Treatment: You can read my full thoughts in my latest blog post.
- DermOrganic Leave In Spray Therapy: You can read my full thoughts in my latest blog post.
- White Sands Curl Up In Silk Mousse : I can’t get over my love for this brand. This mousse helped keep my curls tamed, and in place without feeling crunchy. I was still able to pick my hair up and let it back down when I wanted to without having to worry about flaking, or white residue.
- Hask Superfruit Shampoo & Conditioner: These are the two that I am currently using, but my shampoo and conditioners are always changing. These help color protect your hair, smell very fruity which is amazing, and are super affordable. You can also find these at the drugstore.
Below is a video that I filmed to better show you the process step-by-step, and then finally the finished result.
I hope you enjoy and let me know if you use any of these products. You can of course use the same products for straight hair as well.
Thank you for reading!
❤ Melissa (IG: @primpandprimebeauty)
Don’t miss the latest in beauty by subscribing to my YouTube Channel XoXo