I know I have mentioned in the past how amazing rose hip oil is for your skin, but did you know it’s amazing for your hair too? Today I am sharing with you the 6 piece Rose Hip Oil Color Nurture Collection from CHI.
Let’s start off with a little background on my hair. My hair is naturally very curly, and thick. I started color treating it in my teens and have had plenty of heat damage from using styling tools too often. My natural hair color is dark brown, but I dye it blue black every 6 months. I have always hated that my color would fade and lose that shiny blue tint when the light would hit it because I wasn’t using the right hair products to preserve that color, instead I was stripping it away from products that contained sulfates etc.
About the Ingredients:
- Rose Hip Oil counteracts color fading.
- Silk helps in the vitality of the hair’s cuticle.
- Vitamin C and antioxidants simultaneously enhance color and ignite hair rejuvenation.
- UV protectant shields against harsh sunrays that can fade hair color.
About the Products:
- Protecting Shampoo: Retails for $17 12.0 o.z. Although this product had a nice lather, and made my hair feel clean, I felt that my hair was a little dry after using it.
- Protecting Conditioner: Retails for $18 12.0 o.z. I love this conditioner. You get an amazing amount of product which for me means a lot because I have so much hair and use a lot of product at one time. It did a great job at making my hair feel more manageable to comb through.
- Repair & Shine Leave In Tonic: Retails for $16.80 4 o.z. This treatment is more like a leave in conditioner. I would spray it on my damp hair and it would help keep the frizz under control and keep it smooth.
- Dry UV Protecting Oil: Retails for $17 5.3 o.z. I used this when I knew I would be in the sun for a long period of time. It contains UV protectors to act as a shield and prevent fading from the sun.
- Dry Shampoo: Retails $19 for 8 o.z. Being so busy, I do not have time to wash my hair every single day, and honestly that’s just no good for my hair so dry shampoo is my life saver. Don’t underestimate this shampoo though, it still helps protect color against the sun while absorbing excess oils, and adding a refreshing scent.
- Recovery Treatment: Retails $21 for 8 o.z. I saved the best for last. This product couldn’t have a better name. Thanks to the Vitamin C and antioxidants it delivers to each strand, my hair was left feeling like there was little to no damage with every use. I loved being able to touch the ends of my hair without complaining about how much I need to trim off because of the split dry ends. I HIGHLY recommend this treatment.
Will you be picking up anything from this collection?
Thanks for reading!
❤ Melissa (IG: @primpandprimebeauty)
Don’t miss the latest in beauty & reviews by subscribing to my YouTube Channel XoXo
Disclaimer: Products were sent complimentary in exchange for review. All opinions are 100% my own. This is not a sponsored post.