Laying off of the heat when it comes to styling my hair is probably one of the best decisions I have made so far. I loved wearing my hair straight or with beachy waves, but the health and quality of my hair was paying the price. After all, it took me years to grow it this length so why abuse it and ruin it, right?
Today I am very careful about the kinds of hair products that I choose to use, and pay extra attention to their ingredients. Trust me, what companies use to create their styling products is very important, and sometimes you wouldn’t even believe what they contain, and the damage it will do to your beautiful locks.
I have many brands that adore and share with you all. Today I am sharing a brand that caters to giving your curls all the TLC that they need to stay bouncy, defined, and fabulous! I’m talking about DevaCurl. Haven’t heard of them?, Shame on you! (Just kidding) I hope after this review you do your curls a huge favor and check them out.
The first thing I noticed about these products was their packaging. It is sleek and not bulky. The vibrant colors are very eye catching and pleasant to look at as well. Even the font of the writing is very pretty and chic.
What hair types benefit from DevaCurl products?
- Extremely Curly
Before I go into details letting you know how these products worked for my hair, let me give you a little background about my hair type. My hair is very thick, and curly. It is the most dry in the middle which makes it feel course before conditioning it, and at the ends due to splitting. My hair is also very long.
The products that I tested are as follows:
- No Poo Original Zero Lather Conditioning Cleanser: Retails for $10+. First of all this product is their award winning #1 selling cleanser! I love that this shampoo has no lather. Usually when shampoos create a lather they are stripping the natural oils from your hair. These natural oils are essential for healthy hair, scalp and hair growth. This cleanser contains peppermint (which you already know I’m obsessed with) and grapeseed oil which stimulate the scalp and clean it. My hair was left manageable and without that squeaky stripped feeling.
- One Condition Original Daily Cream Conditioner: Retails for $22. Conditioner is my hairs best friend. Without conditioner my hair would be helpless. This conditioner contains olive oil, and nourishing botanicals that deliver moisture to your hair. After using this product, my curls felt softer and my ends felt much healthier.
- Ultra Defining Gel Strong Hold No-Crunch Styler: Retails for $22. I have tried my hardest to not use gel in my hair. I was finding that it would dry my curls out even more, but that’s because I was still buying products that contained alcohol and other harsh ingredients. This gel however, defines my curls, leaves them frizz free, and I love that there is no stiff crunchy feeling or look to them. When my hair is all dry you can’t even tell there is gel in my hair.
- Set It Free Moisture Lock Finishing Spray: Retails for $14. This unique spray is made with olive oil, and bees wax. After styling my hair I would give it a few good sprays of this to seal everything together and lock in moisture and keep frizz out. It does an amazing job.
- Define & Control Styling Cream Touchable Curl Definer: Retails for $26. If you absolutely want nothing to do with gel, but still want the same hold then this cream is for you. I tried this curl definer on a day without using the gel and was surprised at how well it set and held my curls throughout the day. Another plus is that it smells amazing!
What products are you picking up? Let me know in a comment 🙂
Thanks for reading!
❤ Melissa (IG: @primpandprimebeauty)
Don’t miss the latest in beauty & reviews by subscribing to my YouTube Channel XoXo
Disclaimer: Products were sent in consideration for reviewing purposes. This is NOT a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own.